500kW tide turbine installation
Engineering support services supplied to Simec Atlantis Energy for the installation of their AR500 tidal generation turbine in the Naru Straight, Japan.
Simec Atlantis Energy
Naru Straight, Japan
Work package included:
- Early feasibility assessment of local construction vessels
- Guidance on mooring a heavy lift crane barge
- Full design from concept to detailed design of an Offshore Installation Frame, suitable for unrestricted global transportation to support the AR500 during transportation from Scotland to Japan and also during installation
- Risk Assessed Method Statements for lifting and loading the turbine jumper cable
- All layouts and structural engineering for cargos on flat-top barges
- Class approved seafastening and layout for project equipment on board the Grand Canyon 2 offshore construction vessel
- Towing assessment for barge movements to and from the installation site
No items found.
“Morek are our go-to supplier for offshore technical planning services and offshore hands-on support. Bob and the team really understand the nature of offshore construction projects from drawing board to OCV deck and never fail to deliver excellent value and high quality work. Offshore projects are extremely costly, so working with highly competent and reliable suppliers that understand the offshore environment is absolutely essential. Some of the projects Morek have supported include MeyGen O&M and the AR500 installation in the Naru Strait in Japan.”
Head of production and offshore services, Simec Atlantis